Dariusz Gradzi is an attorney-at-law registered with the Cracow Bar Association, and serves on the Cracow Bar Association bodies. He is a graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration at the Jagiellonian University, the Warsaw School of Economics, and Cracow University of Economics. He was granted a scholarship by the Lesław A. Paga Foundation and was the winner of Rising Stars: Lawyers – Leaders of Tomorrow, organised by Wolters Kluwer and the daily Dziennik Gazeta Prawna. He is on the Cracow Bar Association Training Committee and has worked for a leading law firm, dealing with capital market and investment fund law. He has also worked for a major Polish investment fund company. He has advised leading payment institutions in Poland and elsewhere and is an expert on payment services law, banking law, personal data protection, and commercial company law. He handles court proceedings, including criminal and arbitration proceedings, and advises on AML and financing of terrorism issues. He speaks at many industry training events on payment service sector and financial innovation (Fintech, Blockchain) laws. He has authored legal publications on payment services and payment transaction security, and is a member of supervisory bodies of non-profit organisations. He also does pro bono work for mountain rescue services and hospital foundations.
He is a keen participant in mountain ultramarathons and ski-touring.
He provides services in Polish and English.
- „PSD 2. Open banking the Polish way”, Puls Biznesu, Warsaw, 2018.
- „Managing transactions in financial institutions under the AML regime”, MMConferences, Warsaw, 2018.
- „Unauthorised payment transactions, and a bank’s liability”, CPI, Warsaw 2017.
- „Operating a payment account under the new legislation”, MMConferences, Warsaw, 2017.
- „The claim management system in banks under the new legislation”, MMConferences, Warsaw, 2017.
- „Transaction service providers and activities of third-party providers under PSD II”, MMConferences, Warsaw, 2017.
- „RTS under PSD II in electronic banking”, MMConferences, Warsaw, 2016,
- „The practical dimension of managing complaints on the financial market”, MMConferences, Warsaw, 2016.
- „Security of electronic payments in light of legislative developments”, MMConferences, Warsaw, 2016.
- „Payment services issues in light of legislative developments”, MMConferences, Warsaw, 2016.
- „Security of electronic payments in light of the latest legislative developments”, MMConferences, Warszawa, 2015.
- „PSD – the latest changes and functioning practice”, Proability, Warsaw, 2015.
- „Development of the payment services market – new challenges and requirements”, MMConferences, Warsaw, 2015.
- Liability for unauthorised payment transactions under the most recent judicial rulings (co-author) Monitor Prawa Bankowego 2018, 2 (87).
- Forfaiting trade receivables (co-author), Finanse i Controlling 2017 (54).
- Security of electronic payments as an element of a state’s cybersecurity, PBW 16 (9).
- Chargeback – the functioning and legal aspects of the chargeback mechanism on the Polish payment services market, Korporacyjnie.pl, 2016.